Glasgow-born, Toronto-based Gail McInnes has been involved in the fashion industry for over seventeen years with a focus on managing and promoting entrepreneurs and performers. She is owner of publicity agency Magnet Creative Management and co-owner of the exclusive fashion showroom Stylist Box.
Over the past two decades, she has accumulated an impressive clientele; including having worked with actors and performers Stephen Amell (Arrow), internationally renowned rapper Kardinal Offishall, Natalie Brown (The Strain), celebrity chef David Rocco, and celebrity stylist Brad Goreski; to fashion designers, including Lucian Matis, Line Knitwear, Andrew Majtenyi, Hilary MacMillan, and many more.
She brings her inherent Scottish charm, expertise and insider knowledge to her role as the fashion host for TDot TV and freelance fashion reporter; having written for FLARE.com, Huffington Post, Global News, Revive Magazine, and more.
Her in-depth view and opinions into the world of style is often called upon for various television appearances as an expert in her field, including CBC News, Global TV’s The Morning Show, CTV News, Tele-Journal, Slice Network’s X-Weighted, and Party Mamas.
Gail gained international recognition when she was nominated in 2011 as “Communicator of the Year” by the prestigious Scottish Fashion Awards, in association with VOGUE.com. She is also a nominee of the RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards having been nominated in both 2012 and 2013.
Gail also devotes her extra time to furthering the careers of the next generation of fashion entrepreneurs through esteemed organizations including Youth Employment Services (YES), Toronto Fashion Incubator (TFI), Canadian Foundation for AIDS Research (CANFAR), and is regularly called upon as guest speaker and judge at various colleges and universities.
Topics & expertise:
Fashion host. red carpet fashion, celebrity, beauty, trends, entrepreneurship, fashion blogging, public relations, branding, social media.
Accolades / Accomplishments
- Named “Fashion fairy godmother of Toronto Fashion” by Toronto Standard
- Top ten Scottish fashion Twitter accounts listed by Herald Magazine Scotland
- Nominated as ‘Communicator of the Year” by the Scottish Fashion Awards 2011
- Recipient of CANFAR’s Kiss Award for volunteer of the year 2013
- Named one of Toronto’s Fashion Heroes by NOW Magazine
- Judge for P&G Beauty and Grooming Awards
- Featured as one of Luminato’s Mille Femmes
- TFI Hall of Fame inductee
- Celebrity model for UNICEF charity fashion show during Ottawa Fashion Week
- Included in Citizens, a photo exhibit featuring 20 prominent Torontonians
- Featured in FLARE Magazine’s She’s Got Flare