Glasgow-born, Toronto-based Gail McInnes has been involved in the fashion industry for over sixteen years. She brings her inherent Scottish charm, expertise and insider knowledge to her role as the fashion host for TDot TV and is the owner of fashion publicity and branding agency Magnet Creative Management and co-owner of the recently launched Stylist Box.
Prior to launching her own successful businesses, Gail founded the ground-breaking The Style Box, Canada’s first-ever Canadian fashion designer rental showroom which catered exclusively to high-profile celebrities, dressing them for the Toronto International Film Festival, Emmy Awards, Gemini Awards, and Toronto Fashion Week.
She also is a freelance fashion reporter having written for FLARE.com, MarketWire’s Market Wired Blog, The Huffington Post, Global News, Revive Magazine, and more.
Her in-depth view and opinions into the world of style is often called upon for various television appearances as an expert in her field, including CBC News, Global TV’s The Morning Show, CTV Newsnet, Tele-Journal, MTV Live, CosmoTV’s Oh So Cosmo, Slice Network’s X-Weighted and Party Mamas. She was recently featured as the Bachelorette in W Network’s Come Date With Me.
Gail gained international recognition when she was nominated in 2011 as “Communicator of the Year” by the prestigious Scottish Fashion Awards, in association with VOGUE.com.
Gail also devotes her extra time to furthering the careers of the next generation of fashion entrepreneurs through esteemed organizations Youth Employment Services (YES), the Toronto Fashion Incubator (TFI), CANFAR, and as a guest speaker and judge at various colleges and universities.
Topics & expertise:
Fashion host. red carpet fashion, celebrity, beauty, trends, entrepreneurship, fashion blogging, public relations, branding, social media.
Accolades / Accomplishments
- Named as the “Fashion fairy godmother of Toronto Fashion” by Toronto Standard
- Top ten Scottish fashion Twitter accounts listed by Herald Magazine Scotland
- Nominated as ‘Communicator of the Year” by the Scottish Fashion Awards 2011
- Named one of Toronto’s Fashion Heroes by NOW Magazine
- One of Toronto’s top fashion and style influencers
- Judge for P&G Beauty and Grooming Awards 2012
- Featured as one of Luminato’s Mille Femmes 2008
- TFI Hall of Fame inductee
- Celebrity model for UNICEF charity fashion show during Ottawa Fashion Week
- Included in Citizens, a photo exhibit featuring 20 prominent Torontonians
- Featured in FLARE Magazine’s She’s Got Flare